FreshStart has some wonderful news to announce! ICube Digital, an offshoot of Peace university, USA, is holding Pakistan’s first ever Women Health and Hygiene Conference, labelled #HackThePad, at the Pakistan Institute of Parliamentary Services in F-5/2 Islamabad, near Ataturk Avenue.
FreshStart will be acting as a merchandise partner of the event, which means that it has been delegated the task of designing and deploying giveaways to distinguished guests and attendees of the event
The event marks the first of its kind to be held in Pakistan’s Community. Female Hygiene has been associated as a ‘taboo’ topic in Pakistan for most of its history, so this event will be considered a major step in taking its discussion to a public stage.
There are going to be many distinguished faces at the event in the realm of Women Empowerment and Health at the event. These include, but are not limited to:
- Dr. Zoona Saeed (a speaker at the event on “Ethics of Cervical Screening”
- Dr. Salma Kafeel (renowened Fertility Specialist)
- Dr. Shamaila
- Dr. Syeda Batool (VP International Menopause Society)
- Madeeha Raza (Founder of Women Through Film)
- Wajiha Anwar (Director Communications at Asia Peace Film Festival)
- Namra Nasyr (Independent Short Film Maker)
- Bilal Mumtaz (Director of Marketing at Sehat.com.pk and moderator of 2 panels)
Alongside the sessions, there will also be a ‘hackathon’ in place for innovative startups willing to make a change in the realm of developing a technological product in the realm of Female Hygiene
There is already a panelist for the “Menstrual Hygiene and Associated Taboos” panel, Wasma Imran, who has developed a revolutionary ‘menstrual cup’ (read more here)
FreshStart hopes to see everyone who reads this article in attendance at the event. The event page is on Facebook and you can confirm your attendance and get the latest information about the event from here.
In the meanwhile, the schedule for event can be viewed here: