Only a few days left to apply for the University of Oklahoma Professional Fellows Program for business owners, working professionals and business educators. Avail this opportunity before the 25th of this month!
This program is brought to Pakistanis by The Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (ICCEW) at the University of Oklahoma in partnership with with the U.S. Department of State and Innovation District 92 (ID92) in Pakistan. ID92 is a startup incubator that aims to establish Pakistan as an ‘Innovation District’ to the world!
This 5 week long program’s goal is to provide professional experience and training that will nurture participants’ talent and prepare them for more responsible leadership positions in their businesses, communities, and society in general as they return to Pakistan. In addition, the program will provide U.S.-based small business stakeholders an opportunity to collaborate with their Pakistani counterparts as they participate in a two-week outbound exchange to the respective countries in Winter, 2019.
This professional exchange will take the participant to Oklahoma for a fully funded experience that will involve a professional fellowship placement at an American small business organization.
Through this experience, the participant will gain exposure to the day to day workings of the U.S business workplace in Oklahoma and Washington D.C., that will enhance his/her leadership skills to facilitate a positive change in their workplace and get connected to a wide variety of business network in Oklahoma and much more.
Following is the eligibility criteria to apply for the above program:
- Be emerging leaders in either government, civil society or the private sector in Pakistan who have demonstrated expertise in economic empowerment and entrepreneurial/small business development in the respective countries;
- Have relevant experience and expertise in the small business/entrepreneurship/economic empowerment profession;
- Be a Pakistani citizen;
- Be interested in experiencing hands-on the activities in a U.S. business or economic empowerment organization;
- Be committed to the importance of a sustainable and empowering business sector in a democracy;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English as the entire exchange program and professional placements will be conducted in English;
- Be computer-literate;
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40.
To apply, click on the following link for more details:
Deadline to apply : 25th April, 2018